Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I'm not your damn babysitter

Parent's often think that it's acceptable to dump their children off in the Toys department to entertain the kids while they go do their shopping. NEWS FLASH: I'm not a damn babysitter; in fact, I actually despise the children that belong to Walmart shoppers. Normal children are fine, but typically (not always, but 90% of the time) Walmart shoppers lack some serious parenting skills.
Image courtesy of Pinterest.
If I were a babysitter, I'd be charging at least $12/hr rather than struggling to survive off of $8/hr. I don't get paid enough to deal with your snot-nosed little brats running through my department ruining my freshly zoned aisles.

People often think I'm exaggerating when I tell them horror stories of kids that I've had to deal with-- I'm not. The other night I had a group of 3 kids ranging in age from 5 to 9 that ran down one of my aisles throwing Barbie dolls at each other. I was up at the service desk and when I returned (I was gone a total of maybe 5 minutes) they had completely destroyed the department. There were at least 30 barbies on the floor; some of the dolls were actually broken and no longer able to be sold. I can't imagine what their home must look like if their parents let them go around throwing crap at each other there too.

That's about it for this rant. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment